Les Munro Centre
The Les Munro Centre located in Te Kuiti and provides a large multipurpose hall facility.
The complex is available for hire for weddings, 21st Birthdays, social functions, seminars, conferences, sports events, exhibitions and cultural performances (the Centre is not available for hire to Itinerant Traders).
There are three function areas in this facility:
The foyer is ideal for hosting meetings seminars or functions, and is also ideal for an indoor wedding venue for up to 100 guests. There is a small bar and kitchen that services this area together with access to the main kitchen via the supper room. This area is heated by gas heating.
The Supper Room
The supper room is ideal for hosting meetings or seminars, weddings, 21st birthdays and other similar functions for up to 120 people. The main kitchen and bar services this area and there is a well developed, fenced garden area with access from the supper room that is also available and is ideal for outdoor weddings.
Garden furniture is available and can cater for 100 people. This area is air conditioned with separate gas heating available.
The Main Hall
The main hall is ideal for conferences and seminars, stage performances, weddings, 21st birthdays and other similar functions for up to 750 people.
There is a raised stage (11m x 12.5m) with adjoining dressing rooms on a mezzanine floor.
Air conditioning and heating are also available in this area.
The Kitchen Facilities
- A commercial electric stove;
- A domestic thermowave stove;
- A microwave;
- A four-basket deep fryer;
- A walk in chiller;
- An upright fridge;
- A commercial dishwasher; and
- Two laser hot water units.
In addition to those appliances sufficient crockery and cutlery is available for up to 100 people, unfortunately pots and serving containers and utensils are not provided. Three large teapots and two large stainless steel hot water jugs are also available.
A PA sound system is available in the foyer, supper room and main hall. The sound system can be individualised to any of these areas or combined for all areas, depending on customers preference. The sound system is ideal for all types of audio however, it will not be issued for use in concerts etc.
A wireless (mobile) microphone
Can play music direct from iPad, iPod, laptop etc
Volume is pre-set.
Issue of the equipment is made as part of the booking - a bond applies.
For general use the following items are available:
- Approximately 600 chairs, with either Blue, Red or Grey fabric.
- Approximately 50 tables, either 1.8m x 780mm or 2.4m x 760mm.
- Outdoor garden furniture for up to 100 people includes tables, chairs and umbrellas.
- A PA System that can be used in the foyer, supper room, or main hall, together with two lecterns.
- There are two Piano's available at the Centre. One is an upright piano and the other is a grand piano. The upright piano is free of charge, however, there is a $50.00 charge for the use of the grand piano and it is only available to accomplished pianists.
- There is an electric whiteboard available on request.
How to get there
The Les Munro Centre is located on the corner of King Street and Jennings Street, Te Kuiti. For more information, please contact our Customer Services Centre on (07) 878-0800.