Community Partnership Fund
The Community Partnership Fund focuses on projects and programmes that contribute to the development and well-being of our Districts communities.
The fund aims to “help our community help itself” by offering access to seed funding and in kind support to groups in developing new community initiatives.
By preference, grants will be made to:
- Group’s applying for financial assistance for projects that align with or support Waitomo District Council’s Community Outcomes, and can provide evidence detailing how their project can make a positive impact on community well-being.
- Organisations and groups that offer their facilities or services for the benefit or enjoyment of all Waitomo residents.
- Organisations and groups, who invest time in helping address social issues within the Waitomo District.
- Groups who have a proven record of accomplishment in their area of operation and can show community support for their project.
Waitomo District Council supports resource sharing by community groups and organisations and encourages, where possible, a collaborative approach to achieving positive Community Outcomes.
The basis of the Community Development Fund is to ensure recipients undertake projects that make a positive contribution to the achievement of Councils Community Outcomes.
The outcomes that contribute to the Community Development Group are prioritised for this fund and are listed below.
A Vibrant and Prosperous District
- A place that attracts more people who want to live, work and play, and raise a family.
- A place where wealth and employment are created through local businesses and development of tourism opportunities.
- A place where young people have access to education, training and work opportunities.
- A place where young people feel valued and have opportunities for input into the District.
A place where people are enriched by the multicultural values of all its people and, in particular, Maori heritage and culture are an inherent and valued part of decision making that affects community life.
Recreation and Social Amenities
A place where all age groups have the opportunity to enjoy social, cultural and sporting activities within our District.
For more information, please contact our Customer Services Centre on (07) 878 0800.