Tuesday, 11 April 2017
Service Information - Easter Weekend
Waitomo District Council Office will be closed from Friday 14 April to Monday 17 April. For After Hours Service please phone 0800 WDC HELP (0800 932 4357)
Te Kuiti i-SITE Visitors Information Centre is open Friday 14 April and Saturday 15 April from 10am - 2pm. Closed on Sunday. Open on Monday 17 April 10am - 2pm.
Waitomo District Library is closed from Friday 14 April to Monday 17 AprilKerbside Refuse and Recycling Service - Te Kuiti’s collection takes place as normal
Benneydale: Friday 14 CLOSED, Saturday 15 open 8am to 12pm, Sunday 16 open 1pm to 5pm, Monday 17 CLOSED
Kinohaku: Friday 14 CLOSED, Sunday 16 open 12 to 4pm, Monday 17 open 9am to 1pm
Awakino: Friday 14 CLOSED, Saturday 15 open 8am to 12pm, Sunday 16 open 1pm to 5pm, Monday 17 open 9am to 1pm
Piopio: Friday 14 CLOSED, Saturday 15 open 8am to 12pm, Sunday 16 open 1pm to 5pm, Monday 17 CLOSED
Marokopa: Friday 14 open 9am to 5pm, Saturday 15 open 8am to 5pm, Sunday 16 open 8am to 5pm, Monday 17 open 9am to 5pm
Waitomo District Landfill
Friday 14 CLOSED, Saturday 15 open 9am - 4pm, Sunday 16 open 9am - 4pm, Monday 17 CLOSED as per normal.
Waitomo District Aquatic Centre
Friday 14 April and Sunday 16 April - Closed, Saturday 15 April and Monday 17 April - open 1pm to 5pm.
ANZAC Day - Tuesday 25 April 2017
TE KUITI MARAE DAWN SERVICE
Members of the Public and Service Organisations are invited to attend the ANZAC Memorial Dawn Service at the Marae, Awakino Road, Te Kuiti. With the dedication of the refurbished Memorial Monument needing to be observed before the Dawn Service, which starts at 6.00am, the itinerary for the Service will be as follows:
- 5.30am Attendees will assemble at the Awakino Road Entranceway and wait to be called onto the Marae. Attendees will then move towards the Memorial Monument where a Ceremonial Blessing to dedicate the refurbished Monument will take place
- 6.00am ANZAC Memorial Service A light breakfast will be provided to attendees following the Service
TE KUITI CIVIC MEMORIAL SERVICE
Members of the Public and Service Organisations are invited to attend the ANZAC Memorial Service which will be held at the Les Munro Centre, King Street East, Te Kuiti.
The program is:
- 7.00am Parade to assemble at The Lines Company, corner of King Street East and Taupiri Streets, Te Kuiti
- 7.15am March from The Lines Company to the Les Munro Centre
- 7.30am ANZAC Service at the Les Munro Centre followed by Wreath Laying at the Cenotaph
Those attendees not participating in the Parade are requested to be seated in the Les Munro Centre by 7.20am.
Service Organisations, Guiding and Cub Members, and Members of the Public are invited to join the Parade. Please assemble behind the RSA contingent.
Te Kuiti ANZAC Day Service enquiries to Waitomo District Council (Ph 878 0800)
PIOPIO CIVIC MEMORIAL SERVICE
The organisers of this year’s Piopio ANZAC Day Parade and Service would like to invite all local Service Organisations and members of the public to join the Returned Servicemen of the Piopio District for the 2017 ANZAC Day Memorial Service.
The program is:
- 10.30am Assemble at St John Building, Moa Street, Piopio
- 11.00am March from St John Building to Cenotaph at Piopio War Memorial Hall
- 11.05am ANZAC Service and Wreath Laying
- 11.45am Tea and Coffee will be available to attendees following the Service
All are welcome to participate in both the Parade and Service. Members of the public are also invited to bring wreaths to lay at the Cenotaph as part of the proceedings.
Piopio ANZAC Day Service enquiries to Gillian (Ph 877 8836)